- About Us
- Summer Fishing
- Winter Fishing
- Fishing Report
- Hunting Report
Originally from the western suburbs of Chicago, Pat and Rhonda Rooney have been guests of Denny's Resort since they began dating in the 1980s. Even before that, Pat fished Lake Winnie with his family every year throughout his youth. Pat and Rhonda have three daughters, Sarah, 25, Lindsay, 21, and Kaylee, 20.
Although primarily a fishing camp, our resort also makes comfortable accommodations to hunters and other outdoors enthusiasts. We have ten cabins and six motel units. We rent fishing boats in the summer and have ice fishing houses for rent in the winter months. Here are several services and amenities we offer:
- Cabin rental and motel room rental with satellite television
- Boat rental, ice fishing house rental, RV hookups
- Comfortable lodge with full bar, limited groceries and game room
- Protected harbor with boat slips, boat launch, fishing opportunities for kids
- Playground and outdoor activities
- Fishing launches for groups, private guide service
- Bait, fish cleaning house and fish cleaning service
- Fishing advice, tips and tricks
- Great fishing opportunities for those that love to fish or those that wish to learn
Our cabins and motel units are simple and designed to be comfortable. They contain all that you would expect when looking for an authentic fishing or hunting experience. Of course, if your cabin or motel doesn't have something you expected, please let us know and we will do our best to help you.
Our goal is to provide a completely convenient experience and access to some of the best fishing in the state. Our promise is to treat each guest with the level of kindness, courtesy and helpfulness to make your overall fishing or hunting experience memorable. Even more, we're committed to creating an environment "where guests become lifelong friends."